What is the biopsychosocial approach?
Please read the attached instructions for this assignment. This assignment is due on Friday, July 19th at 12:00 pm eastern time. Again, please read the attached instructions for this assignment. Thank you for considering this assignment.
Family Therapy Course
Please put the question or section name above each paragraph.
Be sure to discuss concepts regarding the biopsychosocial view of sex addiction.
To complete the assignment for this week is to write your responses to the areas outlined above, and then submit in a paper. To help lay the foundation for your study of this Models of MFT, prepare to discuss the following:
· What is the biopsychosocial approach? How does it explain addiction? What is your view on diagnosing sex addiction? What role does spirituality play in sex addiction? How do you view the disease model in sex addiction?
· How might you use what you know about the biopsychosocial approach in the assessment stage with a client struggling with sex addiction? What kinds of questions do you think would be helpful to ask?
· What do you believe are the strengths of the biopsychosocial approach or the disease viewpoint? What are some limitations to consider?
· What stood out to you as particularly significant about this method? How will knowing about the biopsychosocial approach influence you as a clinician during the treatment planning process?
· Additionally, is there anything about this approach that is unclear to you? Be sure to discuss any concepts you did not fully grasp with your professor to gain an understanding of it.
Length: 3 pages, not including title and reference pages