Create a diagram in which you illustrate the energy flow among organisms of a food chain in a particular ecosystem. See Ch. 20 of the textbook for details and examples.
Determine the interdependency of life in your ecosystem by examining its organisms.
Include the following in your diagram:
- List the organisms that can be found in your ecosystem.
- Identify the structure and function of the main organs in at least two organisms, and indicate why they are suited for that environment.
- Label major organisms that live in your selected ecosystem: P for producers, C for consumers, and D for decomposers.
- Name the types of consumers in your ecosystem.
- List the food chains associated with your ecosystem. Address the following items:
- Name of the plant or animal
- What it eats
- What eats it
- How it adapts to the ecosystem
- Describe the ecosystem’s population growth and regulation through community interactions.
- Evaluate potential hazards caused by humans that might affect your ecosystem’s stability, such as environmental pollution.
Include labels and associated details in the diagram.
Select the format for the presentation you would like. Use the format you fele most comfortable with and feel best relays each of the above assignment prompts.
Format your diagram consistent with APA guidelines.