Develop Professional Résumés In order to demonstrate an awareness of psychological career alternatives in a community setting, you will develop résumés for each of the professional experts chosen for your presentation in the Week Three discussion. Include relevant academic and professional experience that highlights their careers, appropriate skills, and expertise. Brief job descriptions identifying the major duties associated with each relevant work experience should also be included in the résumé. The job description format should be based on the “Professional Experience”/”Relevant Experience” section in one of the sample résumés provided below. Each résumé should be two to three pages in length. You may use the resources available on the following web pages:
- Ashford University Career Services (http://www.apa.org/careers/psyccareers)
- American Psychological Association PsyCareers (http://www.apa.org/careers/psyccareers)
- Sample Résumés:
- Resume Sample Graduate Student Counseling Psychology
- Effective CV’s and Resumes for Psychology Graduates
- Counseling Psychology Resume Example
- Counseling Resume
You may use additional sources for career information as long as they are credible. An example of a credible source for this information would include The Chronicle of Higher Education. Utilize at least two professional career-related sources as a basis for the information you will use to complete the required sections in the résumé. All sources must be documented in APA style, as outlined by the Ashford Writing Center.
Writing Professional Résumés The Assignment:
- Must be four to six double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title page), and formatted according to APA guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Résumés should be formatted according to the guidelines in the Ashford University Resume Builder tool.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. The information used for both résumés must be included on the same reference page at the end of your document.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.