Select one among the following groups from Chapter 1:
- Vulnerable mothers and children
- Abused individuals
- Chronically ill and disabled people
- People diagnosed with mental conditions
- Suicide- and homicide-liable people
- People affected by alcohol and substance abuse
- Indigent and homeless people
- Immigrants and refugees
- Groups for special consideration (you may propose a different vulnerable population at the consent of the instructor)
Once you have selected a group of interest, write a three page paper that covers the following:
- Discuss the impact that at least two of the factors below have on the vulnerability of your chosen group:
- Analyze the intersection of social, political, and economic factors affecting vulnerability (must address all three factors).
- Draft the design of a new model program, not currently existent within your community. Provide a two- to- three paragraph statement that introduces your proposed community program. This section is tentative and might change as you conduct more research. At a minimum, however, items to address should include:
- An explanation of the issues and risk factors experienced by the selected population.
- An evaluation of the health needs of the group and a proposed continuum of care level (preventive, treatment, or long-term care) based on the group’s issues, risk factors, and needs. Justify the proposed level with supportive research/evidence.
- A description of one to two proposed services your program will include.
Secondly,you will continue in the design of your proposed model program by demonstrating your understanding of your selected population’s challenges, which negatively impact this group’s health and well-being. Based on this week’s research, conduct an assessment of the barriers, limitations, and other distinguishing features, as they exist within your community.
- Prepare a recap of the model program for your community that you originally shared in the week 2 written assignment. As stated in the Week Two directions, changes to the potential program can be made as you research and develop the focus of the program.
- Analyze and discuss at least three critical barriers that impact the health and well-being of your chosen group; one must be a micro-level (individual) barrier that is financial, one must be a macro-level (community/state) barrier that relates to access and funding for care, and the third barrier may be one of your choosing.
- Discuss at least one proposed solution for each barrier. Your solution for the micro barrier must include an analysis of various potential funding options (both independent and integrated). Your solution for the macro barrier must include an analysis of financing resources for health care.
- Research and analyze the regulatory, legal, ethical, and accreditation requirements and issues for the service(s) offered in your proposed program. Discuss how each will impact the management of the program.
Total six pages, NO plagiarism, min grammar errors