Dietary intake is a lifestyle factor that has a large effect on health and wellness. Assess your dietary intake for a day by tracking your diet and using appropriate tools (www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary) to review it.
Analyze your diet by answering the questions below in your journal. Your journal should contain the two parts described below.
Part 1: Assess your diet by addressing the following items:
- Analyze your daily fat, saturated fat, sugar, carbohydrates, and caloric intake. Explain how your numbers compared with the goal levels.
- Identify what vitamins and minerals fell below the goal level.
- Elaborate on how your protein intake compared with the goal level. Discuss specific grams.
- Explain the role and importance of consuming each of the following:
Part 2: Examine the effects of your diet on your health and wellness by addressing the following items in your journal entry:
- Identify the effect your diet has on your health and wellness. Does your dietary intake protect you or increase your health risks?
- Explain two chronic diseases directly related to an unhealthy diet.
- Explain two ways you could improve your diet. Be specific and provide examples.
For the journal assignment, write out each question and then answer it. Your journal should be a minimum of one page in length (not including the title page or reference page). As a minimum, include the dietary website you used (www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary) as references in your response to this journal activity.