Assignment 1: “What Makes ______ the Best Place to Work and Why?”
Due Week 3 and worth 100 points
Choose 1 company that you believe would be an ideal company to work for based on working conditions, salary, opportunity for advancement and work involved. Go to https://research.strayer.edu to research.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Evaluate the fundamental driving forces that shape the organizational environment of the selected company. Be sure to address the following: competing in a global marketplace, workforce diversity, ethics and morality, and technological innovation.
- Examine the selected company’s specific practices or policies. Speculate on the major influences that these practices or policies have on individual and organizational outcomes.
- Determine which practices related to work attitudes in U.S. organizations are most strongly affected by diversity and suggest a strategy to address the effects.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
- Your selected company may not be Google, Facebook, or Verizon.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with 1-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate the forces that shape the organizational environment of a given company.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.
Do not write on Google, Verizon or Facebook.