PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU COVER ALL THE SECTIONS BELOW
For the Final Project, you provide an in-depth analysis of victimization. Select a crime that has been publicized in the media and contains one main victim to use for your Final Project. You apply the concepts studied throughout this course to provide the in-depth analysis of the victimization in the crime.
Final Project Guidelines
Assignment Length: 10–12 pages (not including title page and references)
Your Final Project must include the following elements:
· Describe the type of crime.
· Describe the victim.
· Explain factors related to social class, gender, ethnicity, and race of the victim that might have played a role in the vulnerability of the victim.
· Explain factors related to social class, gender, ethnicity, and race that might have played a role in the type of crime committed against the victim.
· Explain how the victim’s experiences in the criminal justice system might vary based on the social class, gender, ethnicity, and race of the victim.
· Explain the victim/offender relationship (if any).
· Explain how the relationship between the victim and offender may have influenced the type of crime, the location of the crime, and the type of weapon used.
· Explain psychological, social, and emotional effects of victimization on the victim. Indicate which effects are short term and which effects are long term.
· Explain how the media portrayed the victim.
· Explain if there was any victim blaming by the media.
· Explain possible impact (positive and/or negative) of the media coverage about the victim.
· Explain services available in the state of the victim that might be beneficial for the victim.
· Explain any services that may not be available to the victim that might be beneficial to the victim.
· Describe any secondary victims of the crime.
· Explain effects on the secondary victims of the crime.
· Describe any laws or policies that resulted from the crime.
· If laws or polices were developed, explain the implications for social change.
· Explain any social change implications of this crime being publicized and/or any laws or policies that resulted from this crime.
ELEVEN to TWELVE pages with at least TEN references no old than 5 years….
It is important that you cover all the topics identified in the assignment. Covering the topic does not mean mentioning the topic BUT presenting an explanation from the readings.
To get maximum points you need to follow the requirements listed for this assignments 1) look at the page limits 2) review and follow APA rules 3) create SUBHEADINGS to identify the key sections you are presenting and 4) Free from typographical and sentence construction errors.
REMEMBER IN APA FORMAT JOURNAL TITLES AND VOLUME NUMBERS ARE ITALICIZED.
PLEASE USE ALOT OF INTEXT CITATION
- Davis, R. C., Lurigio, A. J., & Herman, S. (Eds.). (2013). Victims of crime (4th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Chapter 5, “Hate Crimes: Characteristics of Incidents, Victims, and Offenders”
- Chapter 7, “Elder Abuse”
- Chapter 9, “Crime Victimization and Mentally Illness”
- Chapter 13, “Reaching Underserved Victim Populations: Special Challenges Relating to Homeless Victims, Rural Populations, Ethnic/Racial/Sexual Minorities, and Victims with Disabilities”
- Carter, R. (2007). The victimization of prostitutes in Canada: A victimological investigation. Conference Papers—American Society of Criminology. 1.