Topic: Impact Project Collaboration
Thread: Use the name of your topic as your thread title. For your thread, you will take on the role of advocate and educator to present an introduction to your impact assignment topic. You have spent this week researching your topic and have collected a wealth of information that you could share. Write your post as if you are trying to convince your audience that this topic has a significant impact on the field of human development. Provide facts, statistics, and relevant evidence that allow your readers to become more informed and inspired by your knowledge and presentation of ideas.
Impact Assignment: Part 1 Instructions
You may select any of the topics below for the focus of your impact assignment. If you have another topic of interest that is not on the list, you must get approval from your instructor prior to starting your impact assignment.
Impact Assignment: Part 1 must be at least 6 pages including a title page, 4 pages in the body, and a reference page. Note: You may have up to 6 pages in the body of your paper. In addition, you must include your textbook and at least 3 other scholarly sources as you develop your paper. You must use these sources to provide an overview of the most meaningful information from your sources that helps you understand the topic.
This paper must be written in current APA format.
Failure to Thrive (infancy) Parenting Styles (impact on children) Attachment Styles (impact on children) Autism (impact on child) Divorce (impact on child) Death of a Parent (impact on child) Death of a Child (impact on adult) Influence of Technology (impact on child or adolescent) Multiracial/Biracial (impact on the individual) Military Service (impact on the individual) Culture or Religion (impact on the individual) Poverty (impact on the individual) Failure to Launch (impact on the individual) Adult Attachment and the Implications on Romantic Relationships (impact on the individual) Job Loss (impact on the individual) Empty Nest syndrome (impact on the parent) The Sandwich Generation (impact on the parent caring for children and parents) Retirement transition (impact on the individual) Death of a Spouse (impact on the living spouse) Dementia (impact on the individual) The Burden of Caring for an Elderly Parent (impact on the adult child)
Use the following headings to organize your paper. Provide insight to these questions from your reading and research on the topic:
· How is the topic defined or conceptualized?
· Importance to the field of human development
· At what age and stage does this issue typically impact a person?
· What is its potential impact on a person’s development progress?
· What is the impact to cognitive, social, emotional, relationship, and/or moral dimensions of development?
Faith & Professional Perspectives
· Are there Christian principles or biblical themes that provide explanation or clarification you want to include?
· What are the most important considerations for human services providers to know as they work with individuals and families experiencing this impact to development?
· Provide 2 suggestions of educational readings that you might suggest if a client was impacted by your topic. What reading materials would be most beneficial and appropriate for your clients? You must research literature, read reviews and excerpts, and become knowledgable and comfortable with the content of the materials. Then, make 2 suggestions of the best information you found and would be comfortable recommending to clients. Provide the title, a link to the source, and a 1-paragraph explanation of the content.
· Provide 2 referral sources that you could recommend to clients. Research providers in your local area that offer services and care related to your impact topic. Provide a web link to the agency or organization. Under the link, provide a 1-paragraph explanation of services they provide that are related to your topic and why you would recommend it.
Provide a complete list of references in current APA format that you used to inform your paper.
Your references can include peer-reviewed journal articles found in Liberty’s library or credible web resources; if you are not sure of the credibility of your web resource, ask your instructor before using it. Provide appropriate citations and references for any information you use in this paper. Write the paper using professional writing etiquette and consult the Liberty Writing Center if you have questions about grammar or format. Remember that all work must be your own and plagiarism is not tolerated. Be sure to review the plagiarism policy in your syllabus. Make sure to use in-text citations throughout your paper. Anything that is not common knowledge or is not an original thought must be cited or it is considered plagiarism. Direct quotes should not be used, but rather you should rephrase ideas into your own words. In-text citations should be in current APA format (Author, Year).
Submit this assignment by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 3.
Page 2 of 2