Instructions: In five (minimum) to six pages (maximum), not including title and reference page, address BOTH prompts below. Although some information can be found in your textbook, this assignment requires you to look up more information and details about cardiovascular disease and diabetes. Please use and reference any statistics, facts, or examples that you may find. Use at least one outside reference in addition to your textbook, for each part, to support your responses. Be sure to list all references at the end your paper using APA 6th edition formatting. Real examples work the best including personal experience; however, if you do not have one, you can create a scenario as appropriate. Please note, if you do not either use an example or create a scenario, then the assignment is less applicable to a real-world situation and this could affect your grade.
You must answer all parts of the question with no errors to receive full credit. Use APA format, double-space, include a title page, page numbers on the top right corner, and please use correct spelling and grammar. As always, I DO count off for spelling and grammar errors, so be careful and proofread your work before submitting.
Part 1: Address the following questions related to Cardiovascular disease (CVD)
- Why are certain populations within the United States especially at risk for CVD?
- Why are low and middle income countries in the world experiencing major increases in CVD rates?
- With all of the media focus on reducing risks for CVD, why do you think we aren’t seeing more dramatic reductions in CVD deaths?
- If you had unlimited resources, what would you do to reduce rates of CVD and CVD related deaths? Provide at least three specific examples.
Part 2: Address the following questions related to Diabetes
- Why do you think prediabetes and type 2 diabetes are increasing in Mississippi?
- Why is it increasing so quickly among young people?
- Why do you think that so any people are prediabetic or are undiagnosed diabetics and don’t have a clue that they have it?
- If you had unlimited resources, what would you do to increase awareness particularly among high-risk populations in Mississippi? Provide at least three specific examples.