https://nursingschoolessays.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/logo1.png 0 0 admin https://nursingschoolessays.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/logo1.png admin2021-01-27 04:53:372023-01-09 05:37:21What is your basal metabolic rate - the number of calories you burn when sleeping, sitting, standing, doing nothing?
"Get 15% discount on your first 3 orders with us"
What is your basal metabolic rate – the number of calories you burn when sleeping, sitting, standing, doing nothing?
For this lab, you will be calculating your metabolic needs based on your basal metabolic rate and energy expenditure.
- Keep a 24-hour log of all of your activities – including sleeping, sitting, walking, exercising, housework, everything!
- Fill in your Activity log (attached) and include it in your lab write up.
- Answer the following questions:
- What is your basal metabolic rate – the number of calories you burn when sleeping, sitting, standing, doing nothing? See this calculator (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.for guidance on how to calculate your basal metabolic rate. Show your work.
- What is your total energy expenditure (add together your energy expenditure from all activities)?
- Considering your nutrient intake (from your week 3 food log) and your total energy expenditure (from the prior question), do you take in more calories than you burn – a “positive energy balance” – or fewer calories than you burn – a “negative energy balance”? Make sure you provide specific values for nutrient intake versus energy expenditure in responding to this question.
- What do you do for physical activity, if anything? Make sure to specify the type of activity, duration, intensity, and frequency.
- Do you get enough physical activity? If not, why not? If so, how are you able to make that happen?
- What changes can you make to your current exercise regimen to improve your conditioning and optimize your health? If you do not currently exercise, what kind of exercise regimen can you reasonably establish?
Make sure you include your table and respond to all the questions THOROUGHLY. Include references for all sources used, in APA style.