Unit 3 Assignment: Final Project, Part I
View a video introduction to the Assignment by clicking here. Be sure to adjust your audio settings. A transcript of this video presentation is available in Course Resources.
Unit outcomes addressed in this activity:
- Describe the characteristics of a prokaryotic genome.
- Explain the principle of genetic engineering and their applications.
- Select appropriate methods to study microorganisms.
- Analyze the role of microbes in human disease and public health.
Course outcome practiced with this Assignment:
HS320-4: Discuss principles of microbial genetics in health science.
- Prepare an outline of the final Project that you will submit for Unit 9.
- The outline must contain the following:
- Title of the paper
- Reason why you chose this pathogen
- Three (3) main ideas/points that will be discussed (you must include importance of plasmids in bacterial genetics and in genetic engineering