The purpose of this discussion is to generate ideas for ways that organizations can work together to meet shared goals. The assignment has to be a minimum of 250 words with scholarly references and citations.
How would you describe the potential for partnerships formed to address specific public health goals? Like any other partnership, one of the key factors for success is the agreement on shared goals. Even when organizations appear to have the same goals, however, working together successfully can require significant effort. Based on what you have read in this unit, any other articles you have found, and your own relevant experience, answer the following:
- What do you see as the most important principles for guiding partnership efforts?
- What differences, if any, would you anticipate between partnerships among public organizations and partnerships between public and private organizations?
- To what extent do you think these kinds of opportunities may currently exist in public health? What examples could you cite?
Discussion Participation Scoring Guide
- Analyzes course concepts, theories, or materials correctly, using examples or supporting evidence.
- Collaborates with fellow learners, relating the discussion to relevant course concepts and extending the dialogue.
- Applies relevant professional, personal, or other real-world experiences to extend the dialogue.
- Validates position with applicable knowledge.