Option A: Visual Arts Summary
Option A: Visual Arts Summary
Research one painting, sculpture or work of architecture. You may choose to perform your research in the University Library or an online, academic resource.
Write a 525- to 700-word summary describing your selected work of art or architecture. Include the following in your description:
- A description of the use of color, line, composition or other formal elements in the work
- A description of the types of media or materials used in the work
- An overview of the subject represented or the style of architecture
Apply appropriate APA formatting.
Unit 6-Contract Enforcement & Remedies
Unit 6 Introduction
Unit 6 Tasks/Topics
· Differentiate between assignment of a contract and delegation.
· Distinguish between compensatory, liquidated, and consequential damages.
· Describe circumstances in which equitable remedies are available.
· Describe the rules regarding minors and contracts.
· Identify the rights of intoxicants and the mentally incompetent as it relates to contract law.
· Define legality and identify situations in which the element of legality might not be met.
· Describe the statute of fraud.
Connected Course Objectives
· Explain the components of contract law
Unit 6 Required Resources
Miller, R. L. (2016). Business Law Today: The Essentials. (11th ed.). Mason, OH: South-Western College-Pub.
· Chapter 9 – Capacity, Legality, and Enforceability (pp. 237 – 260)
· Chapter 10 – Contract Performance, Breach, and Remedies (pp. 265- 288)
Key Terms and Concepts
· Third Party Beneficiary
· Consequential Damages
Unit 6 Supplemental Resources
· Cornell University Law School. (n.d.). § 2-201 Formal requirements: Statute of frauds (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from: http://www.law.cornell.edu/ucc/2/2-201
· The statute of fraud will be an important component of our discussion this week. You will need to know based on the statute of fraud when a contract must be in writing to be valid.
· National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws. (2018). Legislation (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from http://www.uniformlaws.org/Legislation.aspx
· The National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws is an organization that writes uniform contract laws for state legislatures. The advantage of an organization like this is that they act in the public’s interest (or should act) and are immune from politics for the most part. This links you to the specific bills that will be introduced into state legislatures this year.
· Silverman Bar Preparation. (2018). Contracts: Assignments & Delegations. (Links to an external site.) Retrieved from http://mbetutorial.blogspot.com/2011/08/contracts-assignments-delegations.html
· This is a link to a discussion on contractual assignment and delegation. The source of the link is Silverman Bar Preparation, an enterprise that helps law graduates prepare for and pass the Bar exam of their state. Some of you in a few years may be in such a position.
Unit 6 Presentations/Lectures
In this week’s presentation, we will focus on the following:
· Assignment of contracts and delegation
· Compensatory, liquidated, and consequential damages
· Equitable remedies
· The rules regarding minors and contracts
· The rights of intoxicants and the mentally incompetent as it relates to contract law
· Legality and situations in which the element of legality may not be met
· The statute of frauds.