Management Orientation Program Proposal
You have the opportunity to create a proposal to present to the leadership team for the orientation of new nurse managers. This project will include the creation of an orientation using leadership and management topics that will be selected to support the nurse manager as he or she transitions into the new role. This project will compile specific topics, resources and facilitators to support a new nurse manager as they get acclimated to the organization or unit. APA citations expected.
Your proposal should include:
- Introductory and concluding remarks
- Identify 8 specific topics to support the new nurse manager
- Learning objectives for the lesson(s)
- Rationale for including each topic with a synthesis of professional literature
- Recommendation of internal and or external materials for each topic
- Recommendation of a facilitator for each topic
- Rationale listing why the materials and facilitator(s) are the most appropriate choice for that topic
- Two or more scholarly resources to support the rationales
Support your discussion and opinions with facts, relevant examples from personal nursing practice.
All submissions must have a minimum of two scholarly references to support your work.
Examples of work to show mastery:
- 10-12 slide PowerPoint presentation – APA format