** For this assignment, you will interview a school counselor to gain a greater understanding of the general role and function of a school counselor, as well as their role in consultation with the community. Interviews should be conducted in a professional manner and tape-recorded for instructor review. The interviews will vary in length depending on the depth of answers by the school counselor and students should submit a copy of the interview recording.
** After interviewing the client, write a 3-5 page reflection paper describing the experience and what you have learned.
**Attached is the recorded interview**
Interview to School Counselor
By: Yazmillie Fuentes
Dr. Kimberly Martin-Donald
COUN 5110 OD SU 2019
Alexan Johnson School Counselor
Liberty Middle School in Ocala, Florida for 8 years.
West Port High School in Ocala, Florida for 2 years.
Shady Hill Elementary School in Ocala, Florida for 2 Years.
1. What can you provide that is different from a social worker, school psychologist, or mental health counselor?
2. How does a comprehensive school counseling program support the school’s academic mission?
3. Describe how you would implement small group counseling/classroom lessons?
4. What would you do if a parent requests you to switch their child’s teacher?
5. How do school counselors advocate for students differently than other school staff?
6. What do you love most about your job?
7. What is the most reward and satisfaction experience that you had as a school counselor?
8. Please , provide advice or recommendations for new school counselors.
Recorded interview Please listen