Identify two major topics associated with child and adolescent psychology and summarize what you have learned about these topics.
PLEASE USE ATTACHED ARTICLE NO EXCEPTIONS MUST BE FROM ASHFORD UNIVERSITY
ATTACHED ARE ARE RESOURCES TO ASSIST WITH ASSIGNMENT
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapter 7 and Chapter 8 in the course textbook and review/watch the following video, articles, and web pages: How to Read a Scholarly Article (Links to an external site.), Pursuing a Career in I/O Psychology (Links to an external site.), Our History & Myths: Six ABPP Myths… (Links to an external site.), Career Paths for Industrial-Organizational Psychologists (Links to an external site.), Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology Defined (Links to an external site.), and Want Access to Members-Only Content? Sign In, Join, or Renew Your Membership (Links to an external site.).
For this discussion, you will complete two parts:
- Identify two major topics associated with child and adolescent psychology and summarize what you have learned about these topics.
- Identify two majors topics associated with industrial/organizational psychology and summarize what you have learned about these topics.
- Using the topics from Part 1, choose one and locate a scholarly article (dated between 2016 and 2019) that shares recent findings in this domain.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers guidance on appropriate source types.
- The How to Read a Scholarly Article (Links to an external site.) will help you to identify the “findings.”
- Clearly summarize the findings in your own words. (Do not copy and paste.)
- Cite the information you share, after you have summarized.
- Critically consider how these findings may be important to your knowledge development.
- Discuss why it is important to stay up to date on research findings that are associated with your chosen field (child and adolescent psychology or industrial/organizational psychology) of expertise.
- Download the article that you found in the library and attach to your discussion.
- Be sure to list your references at the end of the discussion in APA format.
Discussion posts should equate to approximately 350 to 400 words.
Peer Responses: Review several of your classmates’ posts. Provide a substantive response to at least two of your peers in a minimum of 200 words. Read your peer’s article. Share additional ideas about how to address the research findings, identified by your peer. Offer insight, based on your own perspective and understanding of research. Offer additional strategies for assessing the situation.