Introduction and Statement of the EBP project:
-Identification of Phenomenon of Interest or problem
– Background of the problem
-Significance of the problem
– Purpose statement
– Statement of the problem in PICOT format and burning clinical question
– Conceptual and Operational definition of Concept(s)
Chapter 2- Critical appraisal of the evidence
– Introduction- repeat purpose
– Search strategies and yield
– Statement of studies and/or sources of evidence that were included and excluded in the appraisal including rationale for the decision to include or exclude
– Explanation of the literature review protocols (ex. AGREE, CASP, etc.)used to conduct the critical appraisal and definition and source of levels of evidence
– Theoretical review of concepts
– Evaluation and synthesis of evidence and recommendations. Relevance to:
Characteristics (FINER)of a good study question:
Novel (add to, extend, refute, what is already known)
Establish significance of the problem:
What is the incidence of this particular problem?
How many individuals are affected by this problem?
Will studying this problem actually improve the care that is delivered?
Will studying the problem potentially improve health policy?
Will studying the intervention lead to better health outcomes in patients?
Will studying the problem assist clinicians in giving