1. Environmental analysis is not perfect, in fact far from it. What are the limitations of external environmental analysis in health care?
2. Based on the issues you see in health care today, describe your own scenario of what health care might be like in 2025. Describe what you see as the role of a health care administrator in your scenario. 350 words
3. Why is an external environmental analysis important for a health care organization’s strategic planning process? Provide several specific examples of the importance to support your answer.
4. How are small employers and large employers being affected by the changes implemented under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)? As CEO of a small company, how will you plan to cope with PPACA implementation? As CEO of a large company, how will you plan to cope with PPACA implementation? 350 words
5. Explain the importance of strategic management in today’s rapidly changing health care environment. Provide some specific examples from your own health care organization or one which you hope to lead.
6. What is a “strategic thinking map?” Describe the concepts and health care applications of strategic thinking maps.
Course Textbook Ginter, P. M., Duncan. W. J., Swayne, L. E. (2013). Strategic management of health care organizations (7th ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.