Deliverable length of 2-3 pages in APA format with cited sources.
Joe has been promoted to a member of the management team in Krona’s financial department. He has hired a new staff member who will to assist him in preparing materials for the next Board of Directors meeting, in which the annual financial reports will be presented. He is required to accomplish the following:
- Write an e-mail to his new employee explaining the components and the process of creating an annual report. Focus strongly on how accounting inputs are formulated into financial reports and statements for the organization.
- Discuss 3 of the following annual reporting components, what information they provide, and why they are important to understand:
- Chairman of the Board Letter
- Sales and marketing summary
- 10-year summary of financial figures
- Management discussion and analysis
- CPA opinion letter
- Financial statements (balance sheet, check sales, profits, R&D spending, inventory and debt levels over time) subsidiaries
- Financial and operating ratios (liquidity, solvency, and profitability)