Develop a discussion question about the reading for the class discussion
A summary is a record in a reader’s own words that gives the main points of a piece of writing such as a newspaper article, the chapter of a book, or even a whole book. However, when you read in order to write a summary, you must read in order to decide for yourself what the main points are.
For the best results, students will complete the summary while reading each chapter.
Then the students will locate the “Reading Summary” template below to complete the homework assignment.
Reading Summary break down:
- 5 bullets synopsis of the chapter
- Like writing the synopsis of a movie: pull the most important five things from the reading [as if you were teaching this reading to another person]
- Each bullet should be one sentence.
- This is required for both chapters.
- Required for each chapter.
- One paragraph that explains the most important thing you learned in the reading, and why.
- 3-5 sentences
- This is NOT another bullet, it is the most significant thing that had a personal impact on you.
- Required for each chapter.
- Develop a discussion question about the reading for the class discussionART 111 Student Name:
Homework: Reading Summary Week # :
Chapter 5 Bullet Synopsis Paragraph Discussion Question 5 bullets synopsis of the chapter. Like writing the synopsis of a movie: pull the most important five things from the reading [as if you were teaching this reading to another person]. Each bullet should be one sentence. One paragraph that explains the most important thing you learned in the reading, and why. 3-5 sentences. This is NOT another bullet; it is the most significant thing that had a personal impact on you. Develop a discussion question about the reading for the class discussion. 1.1 – The Language of arts consist of elements.
– The Principles turn elements into art
– Two-Dimensional art
– Line are the most fundamental element of art we use
– Principle of contrast
The most important thing I learned in the chapter is how each form of art compliments the other. Line being one of the most fundamental elements of art we see lines in almost every form or art. Line almost exist in every work of art design. Two-Dimensional art also stood out to me because we live in a mathematical world, and two-dimensional art is measured by height and width. Why is line so important in art? 1.2 – Form
1.3 – Implied
· Typed. Spelling and grammar at the college level.
· Students must use their own words, do not quote the text or copy from the text.
· Note: Typing the “Learning Objectives” verbatim or copying/pasting any content from the textbook does not count as a reading summary – students must interpret the content for themselves.
· A student who copies/pastes directly from the text (a.k.a “plagiarism” – passing of the text’s words as their own) will earn the student a “0” for that week’s submission. This will be the protocol for the entire semester.
· 25 points per chapter. Worth 100 points total.
· Email Micorsoft document template to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Title email header, “Student Name, ART 111, Week , Homework: Reading Summary”