Assume that you are working in a community health department. The department has some federal money that it wants to allocate the two following health promotion programs:
- Decrease in deaths from cardiovascular disease
- Decrease in teenage pregnancy
Write a 3- to 4-page report in a Microsoft Word document, addressing the following questions:
- Identify the risk factors associated with the selected health promotion programs.
- What is the target population associated with the selected health promotion program? Consider the hypothetical target population, consisting of middle-aged women, male adolescent gang members, premature infants, etc., and describe the characteristics of each program.
- What are the risk factors that you want to focus on in order to achieve the objective of the health promotion program?
- What intervention would you recommend to be most appropriate to reduce exposure to these risk factors? You can choose at what level of intervention you want to implement each program (primary, secondary, tertiary health intervention).
- What will be the process by which this intervention will achieve the goal of the program?
- What will be the anticipated outcome of this intervention?
Support your responses with examples.
Include sources in APA format.