Course outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
MN507-1: Debate healthcare reform effects on stakeholders.
In Unit 2 you chose a policy issue that interests your group. (MANDATORY VACCINATIONS) For this Assignment your group will be divided into two, with one side in favor of the policy change and the other side opposed to it. (I am for the opposed side) You will work with your debate side group member to create a presentation that puts forth your side’s argument. Your presentation will be a combination of slides (PowerPoint, Google Slides, or Prezi) and video (created in Movenote). Movenote allows you to create a video inset that plays over your slides. In this way, you can combine the two, presenting your ideas in video as you display your slides. Please view How to Use Movenote for Your Assignment Presentation. Your final submission for this Assignment will be a transcript of your Movenote presentation with a link (URL) to your actual Movenote presentation.
View the Assignment presentation.(see link below)
Your debate presentation should put forth a convincing argument, for or against the policy, based on your research.
REMEMBER I am only AGAINST VACCINATIONS for this Debate
Your presentation must and address:
- What effects will the policy change have on stakeholders?
- Why, or why not, is this policy important?
- What are the costs to stakeholders?
- Important issues and research to support your position.
- Within your group, make an evaluation or judgment about the policy issue you have chosen. Then, with your co-debater, create a convincing argument, for or against the policy, based on your research. Proposition of Policy: declares that a certain policy should or should not be created.
- Using PowerPoint, Google Slides, or Prezi, create a presentation of your argument (approximately 5 slides plus reference slides-APA formatted).
- Then, using Movenote, have one person from your debate side record a video of him or herself speaking into the camera, presenting your side’s argument (this will require a webcam and microphone). This video will play over the slides. View How to Use Movenote for Your Assignment Presentation for more information about how this works and how to create.
- Your Movenote presentation should be 8-10 minutes.
- Create a transcript of your video. On your transcript, paste the link (URL) to your Movenote presentation. This is what you will submit to the Dropbox.
- Your presentation should be professional in appearance and tone and reflect thoughtful and meaningful application of the policy argument. Speak clearly and convincingly.
- You must include a minimum of (5) different scholarly works supporting your position in the debate (each side).
- Note that this debate will be asynchronous. There will be no rebuttal.
- Each side of the group will be graded on their work. Both students on a side will receive the same grade.
- Submit your presentation transcript with Movenote link (URL) to the Assignment Dropbox.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Home.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Home) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA format.
I found a link of someone else video presentation they put together if that is helpful it is attached below: