Create an 8 12-slide narrated PowerPoint presentation on gender and communication in the workplace.
This assessment allows you to apply what you know about gender and communication to a professional environment.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Critically analyze issues related to gender and communication.
- Describe how male and female leadership styles differ in the workplace
- Competency 2: Evaluate personal and social dimensions of gender, communication, and culture.
- Explain what gender barriers exist in the workplace.
- Competency 4: Identify effective leadership strategies which promote effective communication between men and women.
- Describe how to promote effective leadership strategies for both men and women in the workplace.
- Describe how to promote effective communication between men and women in the workplace.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
- Develop a well-organized oral PowerPoint presentation.
- Communicate with a clear voice and use correct pronunciation.
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of the business community.
- How do male and female leadership styles differ in the workplace?
- What strategies can we use to minimize gender barriers in the workplace?
- How can we promote effective leadership strategies and effective communication between men and women in the workplace?