Write a 750-1,000-word assignment that gives a general overview of commonly used substance use disorder treatment approaches. In addition, you are to select two common approaches and compare their similarities and differences.
Include the following in your assignment:
- A brief description of common empirically researched substance use disorder treatments listed in the topics readings such as (MI, CBT, and SF). Include a minimum of two treatment descriptions.
- A discussion about the differences of each treatment listed
- A discussion about which method you would prefer to use and why
- A minimum of two scholarly sources
Consider using the following level-one APA headings in your paper to help organize the content:
- Overview of Treatment Approaches to Addictions Counseling
- Treatment Differences
- Preferred Method and Rationale
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This assignment assesses the following programmatic competency: 4.1: Assess valid and reliable research to answer questions for an identified problem, concern, or professional counseling intervention.
This assignment meets the following CACREP Standard: 2.F.3.h: A general framework for understanding differing abilities and strategies for differentiated interventions.