For this final segment of the SLP, consider everything you have learned throughout the SLP and write a paper that addresses the following:
- Explain how you would approach a health education program for the cultural group you have written about for your SLP. (AFRICAN AMERICAN WITH DIABETES)Support your choices with scholarly references. You should be able to use the information you found in researching your previous SLP papers.
- Would your program be for the person, extended family, or neighborhood?
- What positive perceptions, enablers, and nurturers would you want to reinforce? What negative ones would you want to try to overcome?
- What positive aspects of cultural empowerment would you want to reinforce? What negative ones would you want to try to overcome? What existential ones would you acknowledge but not try to change?
- What challenges do you foresee in trying to plan and implement health education programs for this cultural group?
SLP Assignment Expectations
Length: 3 pages
Your work will be evaluated based on the grading rubric criteria. Review it before you begin working on the assignment
Purcell, N., & Cutchen, L. (2013). “Diabetes self-management education for African Americans:
Using the PEN-3 model to assess needs”. American Journal of Health Education, 44(4),
Sharma, M. (2016). Theoretical foundations of health education and health promotion. Burlington: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Deshpande, A. D., Harris-Hayes, M., & Schootman, M. (2008). Epidemiology of diabetes and diabetes-related complications. Physical therapy, 88(11), 1254-1264.
Lindberg, N. M., Stevens, V. J., & Halperin, R. O. (2013). Weight-Loss Interventions for Hispanic Populations: The Role of Culture. Journal of Obesity, 2013, 542736