1- Sigma Aldrich is a popular chemical manufacturer. Go to the website (https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/united-states.html) and search for the chemical hydrochloric acid, ACS Reagent 37%. Open the Safety Data Sheet (SDS). Use the SDS to identify the NFPA rating for HCl.
Blank # 1: Health Rating
Blank # 2: Fire Rating
Blank # 3: Reactivity Rating
Question 21 options:
Blank # 1——-
Blank # 2——–
Blank # 3———
2- Gases can have both mechanical and chemical hazards.
heating a crucible over a bunsen burner. The crucible is sitting on an iron mesh gauze over the flame. How should you remove the crucible?
- Pick it up with paper towels and gloved hands.
- Pick it up at he lid.
- Pick it up with crucible tongs.
- Pick it up with your gloved hands.
5-Before starting an experiment, which of the following steps should be taken?
- Look up and understand the chemical hazards.
- Review safety signs in the laboratory.
- Prepare hazardous waste container with the appropriate label.
- All of the above
6- How long should you rinse your eyes after being exposed to a chemical?
- 20 minutes
- 5 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes